Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain-related news – by investigating stories that fly under the radar in today’s crypto news.
- Digital asset investment products saw outflows totaling USD 110 million last week after a 7-week inflow streak, by CoinShares The data. A week earlier, admissions hit nearly $127 million. $80 million of outflows originated in North America, outflows of $30 million were also seen in Europe. Regulatory and geopolitical concerns remain at the forefront of investor concerns for digital assets, the company added. Bitcoin (BTC) saw outflows totaling $70 million last week due to low volumes. A week earlier, admissions reached nearly $95 million. Meanwhile, Ethereum (ETH), on a relative basis, saw the largest outflows last week, totaling $51 million, compared to inflows of $25 million a week earlier.
- Also, CoinShares announcement only after approval by Switzerland Financial Market Supervisory Authorityhe acquired an additional 20.8% stake in the Swiss company FlowBank at a price of CHF 24.74 million (USD 26.5 million). Along with their previous investment in the bank, this brings CoinShares’ overall stake to 29.3%, with voting rights equal to 32.06%.
- Crypto exchange Binance announcement that it has signed a memorandum of understanding to explore the acquisition of Sim;Paul InvestimentosBrazilian securities brokerage firm, licensed by the Central Bank of Brazil and the Security and Exchange Commission (MVC). Completion of the transaction will require approval from regulatory authorities, including the central bank.
- NFT Market magic eden announcement it raised $27 million in an investment firm-led funding round Paradigmand that it is launch Eden Games, a content destination for gamers. The new gaming platform will feature dedicated game listing pages, a content hub, as well as competitions and tournaments, they added.
- Protocol for Liquid Staking on Ethereum Swell network raised $3.75 million in a funding round led by Framework companiesan investment advisor with experience in the DeFi space, as well as IOSG Ventures and Apollo Capitaland with the support of Master 11 and a number of angel investors, including Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. According to the press release shared with Cryptonews.comthe funds will be used to perform several audits of the Swell platform ahead of the mainnet launch in April and to scale internal engineering, business development, and marketing teams.
- Blockchain game development studio Metaverse Game Studios announced today that it has raised a total of $10 million in the investment co-led by Pantera Capital, Animoca brands, Solana Venturesand All Kingdoms, among others. With the main goal of creating a better gaming experience, the developers of Angelic (the company’s flagship game) also decided to integrate the latest features of Solana blockchain (SOL) blockchain technology into their game, noted the team.
- CoinJoina BTC mixing service that is part of the privacy-focused program Wasabi Walletbegan blacklisting bitcoins linked to illegal activities, confirmed Adam Ficsor, Wallet Co-Founder. “[In my opinion,] this is a major setback for the fungibility of Bitcoin,” he said. (Learn more: As New Crypto Sanctions Screening Tool Launches, Tornado Cash Keeps Mixing and FBI Rings)
- Digital payments company To blockdirected by Twitter founder Jack Dorsey, announcement that its next hardware wallet will have a fingerprint sensor, as well as additional access methods that users could choose from. They claim it’s safer than PINs, keyphrases, and passwords.
- Singapore tax rules will apply to non-fungible token (NFT) transactions, The Business Times reported, quoting Finance Minister Lawrence Wong. Tax treatment will be determined based on the nature and use of the NFT, the report adds.
- NFT Creators Yuga Laboratoriesknown for their Bored Ape Yacht Club project, have acquired the intellectual property (IP) of the CryptoPunks and Meebits collection of Larval laboratories. As part of the acquisition, Yuga Labs will transfer IP, commercial and proprietary license rights to individual NFT holders for free.
- Music platform Lime wire announcement he selected the Algorand (ALGO) blockchain to fuel the revival of its previously discussed digital collectibles market. LimeWire also plans to launch a token later this year, which should provide exclusive community access, voting mechanisms, and a reward system for token holders.
- The Enjin blockchain software product ecosystem (ENJ) launched its flagship parachain Efinity on Polkadot (DOT). By announcement, as the very first NFT parachain to launch on the Polkadot network, Efinity will support NFT play-to-earn CryptoBlades and its 1.1 million users, with additional engagement of over 100 games and apps.
- Argo Blockchain announcement he signed a fleet swap deal with a mining company Basic scientist who trades Argo bitmain Antminer S19 series Bitcoin mining fleet hosted at Core for S19J Pro Bitcoin miners. This fleet swap represents about 60% of Argo’s total mining capacity and will reduce Argo’s operational expenses, they added.
- Bit Farms says he has acquired land and a building in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The new location is expected to have an electrical capacity of 18 megawatts (MW) and will replace the existing Pointe facility. The total purchase price for the Garlock site consists of a cash consideration of 2.25 million CAD (1.76 million USD) and 25,000 common stock purchase warrants, they added.
- Crypto exchange Crypto.com confirmed the appointment of six senior executives in London for operational, compliance, engineering and communications roles. These include a UK Managing Director, Head of Finance, Head of Communications and Government Relations, Global Head of Sustainability and ESG, Vice President Chief Compliance Officer and a Senior Vice President of Engineering.